Write For Us
How to Submit an Article
Thanks for considering NuLuxe Beauty for the publication of your original article. We encourage all of our readers, customers, and friends to submit work that is both informative and of real interest to the visitors of NuLuxeBeauty.com Before you send us your piece, please review the following guidelines that detail the specifications we have set prior to publishing your work.
- Submit articles via email to admin@NuLuxeBeauty.com as attached Microsoft Word documents or .rtf files only. At this time, we cannot accept WordPerfect, PDF, or HTML formats. Give your article a title that reflects its content. Don't just call your document "FinalDraft2" because it could be confusing, and your article would be discarded.
- Don’t forget to include your first and last name, email address, headshot (if you want it included) as well as a short bio paragraph along with the submission.
- Any appropriate images, photos, or charts should be separate attachments. If you put them in the Word doc you send, they will not transfer over properly into our system. Please attach pictures of the correct size and indicate where in the article you would like them to be placed. If you don't have the need for article-specific pictures, we can supply photos from our picture library.
- When you submit an article, don't send a follow-up email. Trust us, we got it. Due to the amount of submissions, and work that goes into each submission, sometimes it takes up to two months for articles to get published. If we're going to use your article, you will receive an email telling you when it's scheduled. Due to time restraints, we won't be able to give you specific reasons why your article was not fit for publishing.
All About Content
- Write on color, technique, motivation, or business, and be roughly 1200–2500 words (3–5 pages) in length. If you're trying to do a series of articles, send them all at once.
- Your article needs to be well-written. You don't have to be Shakespeare, but don't send us a rough draft. We have editors, but their job is to get the articles web-ready. Our editors do not solely exist to edit spelling, syntax, and grammar. Please make sure to write with care, as it's common courtesy. If your article is filled with bad punctuation, spacing, and/or terrible spelling, we probably won't have the opportunity to read it.
- Articles cannot be press releases, advertisements, sales letters, promotional copy, or blatant and excessive self-promotion or hype. We share educational articles, and if your article resonates with the reader, it will grow your personal ad professional brand.
- All submissions must be original work. If you're going to publish the same article on your personal website/blog, we cannot publish it. If you are submitting an article written by someone other than yourself, please indicate the original author, including his or her name, email address and background information. If you have sourced material, make sure you cite the original authors accordingly.
- You may include links to your own website(s), but they must not be under construction. Websites must be active and have content in order for you to link to them from your article.
Formatting or Lack Thereof
- Pre-existing document formatting is stripped out during preparations for posting on the site so anything used for emphasis or decoration will be lost. If your article contains special characters and/or symbols they may be lost during this process. Please no headers or footers. Keep it simple.
- Please put any references at the end of the document. Be sure to include all pertinent information with references such as author name, publication year, volume number, page numbers, publisher, and publisher location.
- As previously stated, please do not put pictures in your word document. See "The Basics" section above for clarification.
- Submission of an article does not automatically guarantee publication on the site. We reserve the right to accept or reject any article based upon quality, appropriateness, and editorial judgment. We cannot return any articles that have been sent to us for publication consideration.
- Although we want to provide authors with the best exposure that we can, we do not pay for content.
- We appreciate photos of, or by, you demonstrating the unique exercises or techniques in your article, but realize that we take photographic rights seriously. If you submit a photo for inclusion with your article, that you DO NOT have the rights to, you will be held responsible for any legal costs incurred because of that.
- Due to the volume of emails that we receive on a daily basis, we are unable to respond to individual queries regarding the status of your submission. If we have any questions, we will contact you.
By submitting an article, you grant NuLuxe Beauty, LLC international, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display your post (in whole or in part) and to incorporate your comments into other works, be they now known or later developed.